So anyway... Here are ten bar/counter stools with backs and ten without backs that I admire.
1. These slipcovered counter stools are from GJ Styles. Looks like Restoration Hardware has them, too.
Bar stools styles that can update your look:
- Paris bistro flare
- modern country
- sleek contemporary
2. I really like these Chippendale style chairs and it would be fun and easy to custom re-upholster.
3. Here is a coastal, carved wooden leg stool from Noir Furniture.
4. I've always been a big fan of the Mediterranean bistro bar stool from Maison Midi.
5. Serena and Lily also has an assortment of this type of chair.
6. The bamboo gives this bar stool a sturdy but light feel. Available to the trade by Dovetail.
7. Here is one like ours from Wayfair.
What about a double bench like this from Lee Industries? And you can order it with a slipcover. Looks comfortable.
8. My client likes the wood and rattan chairs we ordered from Ballard Designs. Nice that they are tall enough to look into the living room.9. This looks like a counter stool that you could relax in...
10. These industrial chairs come in different finishes and are on sale at Restoration Hardware.
11. Ours is also on sale from Ballard Designs.12. This is a sleek and modern one from Wisteria.
13. You could have some fun with colorful, well priced stools from Overstock.
14. I like the retro/contemporary look of these adjustable seats from Pottery Barn.
15. These are an updated classic and they spin! From Crate and Barrel.
16. Wouldn't these be great in a beach cottage from Maison Midi?
17. This one from World Market is low for counter seating but you could use at a kitchen desk or as a sturdy step ladder...I could use this in my office to reach the top shelves.
18. Here is a rustic, organic stool from Crate and Barrel.
19. This is an authentic Tolix Marais chair from Design Within Reach.
20. Classic, casual and easy to move. These aren't going to go out of style from Ballard Designs.
Thanks for visiting!