Cindy Hattersley invited me to go to the Traditional Home Show House in Napa, Ca...along with her darling friend, Pat. Most of these photos are either ones I took with my I-phone or from Circa Lighting, an official sponsor. There were two small homes and a guest cottage to tour.
Show houses like these can deliver lots of inspiration. I'm sure you will notice things that I missed, but here are some things that I like...
- the grass cloth Roman shade softens the window and provides filtered light
- the branches flanking the sink are a pretty idea
- the cement tile floor is cool, of course, but I wonder about the durability. We couldn't go in the room as they were already resealing the floor (wasn't it JUST put in and sealed?)
- Love the warmth of the wooden floating shelves and the tiled hood and backsplash create clean lines
By Laura Gilder and Rebecca Reynolds
- I like the custom feel of the monogrammed mirror and the elegant sconces
By Lisa Mende
- The woodwork in this hallway dresses it up while still feeling "cottage-y" and the pendants add a little drama
By Brian Tapper
The next home is owned by a single man (I met him on my way out and he asked me which was my favorite room in his house). His kitchen has a masculine feel and is really efficient for the size of the space.
By Catherine Macfee and Justine Macfee
By Erin Valencich
- I love the details on this Oly day bed and
- the addition of gold and brass accents
- and the grasscloth wallpaper by Zoffany
And later the homeowner told me the same story with a smile on his face.
- Bird cages painted on the wall
We were given fresh smelling samples from Napa Soap Company.
The master suite was by Kerry Kellie.
Finally, we toured a guest house as a part of a boutique hotel. The color palette is soothing.
By Kim Scodro
Here is the adjoining bath...
I love details like this...
It was a fun time...I hope to go again next year with Cindy and Pat. There was a lot more to see than what I've shown, in fact, I wonder what Cindy at Rough Luxe spotted. Think I will head over there now!