Me too!!! Everything in our living room was feeling a bit shabby.
So, here is what I did to freshen up...
- washed the sofa slipcovers (you could try spot cleaning or professional cleaning if you have upholstery). It's a big job but so rewarding afterwards.
- Cleaned the pillow covers. And refreshed the inserts with this method.
- Used a dark brown tinted Briwax furniture wax on our tired, sun damaged, and Chief-chewed coffee table. I almost felt like getting rid of the coffee table, but now I love it again.
- Switched up the coffee table styling (removed a big tray, added books, small marble tray from HomeGoods, etc) since I was feeling inspired with a polished up coffee table! Easy.
- New flowers from Trader Joes...they are stepping it up!
The Briwax is like a miracle. Now I see so many uses for it...like on my client's beautiful but sun damaged front door! It darkens the scratches for a distressed look and deepen the color to take away the orange cast.
Clean and fresh smelling slipcovers and pillows.
Trader Joe's $9.99 bouquet with $4.99 hydrangeas added. I like the greenery and ornamental cabbage and soft pink roses.
Speaking of Trader Joe's, I served their lemon squares for dessert after lunch yesterday. I'm not sure I fooled my guests (visiting girl friends from high school that I haven't seen in a million years--so fun to reminisce )...but with my own candy papers and a sprinkle of powdered sugar... it was easy. And since I am still trying to lose weight, I wasn't tempted to lick the spoon or have a whole pan in the house.
If you follow me on Instagram...
I just put a quick video on there about my favorite place
to sit in the living room on a cold, rainy day.
Have a great weekend.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
to inquire about making your home a fresh reflection of you.