Hello! I am back in San Francisco after spending a week in Southern California. I have our dog, Chief with me this time. He spent the last four weeks in Los Angeles with Mom B (our daughter, Alexandra). That dog has a good life...even if he has to travel in a case by my feet on the airplane to get back and forth.
While I was in West L.A., I stopped by a young couple's place that we have been furnishing over the past months. Incorporating both Jackie's and Zach's tastes, it's a mix of industrial, retro and coastal.
Here are seven things to take away:
1. Add a bench like this one from Pottery Barn made from reclaimed wood. This couple loves to cook dinner for all their friends on Sunday nights.
2. Consider an open bookcase instead of additional cabinetry. We bought this wholesale from Dovetail. But you can get similar here.
We styled it with their plates, bowls and serving pieces.
3. And added some vintage elements, like Jackie's grandmother's painting.
4. Succulents are still in style and there are even some good faux ones out there!
5. When faced with difficult windows (like the angled one has a bump out below it), consider a combination of curtains and Roman shades.Hang the window treatments as high up as possible to draw your eye up. That is is the Restoration Hardware Spencer Chandelier, hung just a bit higher over the table due to the two story ceiling.
The one on the right is their engagement photo taken in Portofino. We are going to add one more piece and then hang the gallery.
7. Lastly, if you want to inject a stylish edge...add a little mid-century modern (like me :) or a chair like this.
Also, dogs like Sansa make great accessories!
Even though Chief is back in S.F.,
he left his heart in L.A.
Thanks for visiting!