This is a nice dinner to make for a special occasion when you don't have a lot of time.
Baby Kale Salad with Grape Tomatoes
and Home-made Croutons
Green Beans (Haricots Verts) with Walnuts and Lemon
Marinated Filet Mignon with
Creamed Horseradish Sauce
Marinate the steak in Dale's marinade for at least 45 minutes.
If you live in the Southern U.S., you can find it in your grocery store. Here in California, we can get it on Amazon (of course)...the link is above. We use the low sodium version.
Home-made Croutons (they are so much better than most packaged ones):
- When frozen, I put it in the microwave for 20 seconds to thaw.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the baguette into cubes (I use scissors).
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt and pepper.
- Toast in oven for about 8 minutes (but keep an eye on them!) until browned.
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Mix two tablespoons sour cream with one tablespoon horseradish.
Make more if you need it. I like to serve it on the plate in a little bowl.Decant your red wine (have a sip... uh oh, CHECK THE CROUTONS). I bought this one as the label looked good (and it wasn't expensive). And it's good.
This haricots verts with walnuts and lemon was inspired by
Annie from Most Lovely Things. Mine is slightly different.
Haricots Verts with Lemon and Walnuts
- add two tablespoons walnut oil and one tablespoon olive oil to the pan on medium/high heat.
- throw in the green beans and one lemon, cut in half, cut side down on the pan.
- cook the the beans, tossing occasionally for 6 or 7 minutes or until some are slightly browned.
- remove from heat.
- Add a handful of walnuts, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Squeeze the lemon juice from the cooked lemons all over.
- Leave at room temperature until ready to serve.
You can grill the steak or cook in a cast iron skillet.
Toss the salad with a simple vinaigrette and serve!Ok. I will admit it...see the black and white tray. Yes, we ate dinner in front of the television (ever do that? be honest).
In other news... I'm really happy about my new jewelry organization using Command Strip Key Hooks... no power tools required.
How was your weekend?