Playing with our mantel is fun, so when Suzy from Worthington Court invited me to join "Mantels Across America" I said YES!
Anyway...welcome to San Francisco, California if you are visiting for the first time!
Our mantel started off bare...except for the mirror from Anthropologie (fitting with the 1920's architecture of our apartment building overlooking the SF Bay).
I'm not a very good artist, but as with a lot of my ideas, I like to do a quick sketch.
1. Start with your greenery. At the San Francisco Flower Mart, I chose eucalyptus branches (popular right now) and boxwood for garland and a wreath.
2. I hung the wreath on the mirror with Command hooks...easy! It was my first time using one...and I can remove it after Christmas.
The greenery and the berries grow all over here in California.
3. Next, came the hurricane candles with some snips of the greenery in the base.
4. And then these colorful votives from Glassy Baby (hand blown glass. 10% of their sales go to charity). Each shade has a name like Tradition and Azalea and is heirloom quality.
5. Ribbon from Home Goods was added to the garland for another texture.
6. I tied sprigs of eucalyptus to the stockings.7. Finally, I added a wire basket of birch logs and pinecones sprayed with "flocking" to fill in the black fireplace when we don't have a fire lit.
Atta Girl Says || Golden Boys & Me || In My Own Style || StoneGable ||The Everyday Home || The Rustic Life || Worthing Court
Cedar Hill Farmhouse || Edith & Evelyn || House By Hoff || It All Started With Paint || Maison de Pax || Town & Country Living
Participating in 12 Days Of Christmas Tour Link-up